If your volleyball team is planning a tour to Europe, then this packing list is for you. First, things first. You’ll need to check the weather in the countries that you’ll be visiting. Summer in Europe is typically warm and Winter is seasonally cold, but temperatures can vary drastically so make sure you’re prepared for changing weather patterns as you travel.
We’ve created the Ultimate Packing List for Europe specifically for volleyball teams. You can print it out and check-it off, save it as a pdf on your computer or e-mail it to your team.
- Passport (make a back-up copy)
- E-tickets for flights
- Credit cards & ATM card (don’t forget to set the travel notifications on your bank accounts so that your bank knows your traveling)
- Lonely Planet Europe (Travel Guide)
- Signed copies of Liability Release Forms if players are under 18 years of age
- Volleyball shoes
- Knee pads
- Ankle or knee braces as needed
- All sets of team jerseys and spandex
- 1 Reusable water bottle. We recommend Hydro Flask
- Preferred type of energy bars for snacking
- Old volleyball t-shirts or jersey’s to trade with the teams that you’re playing against. Plan on bringing 1 t-shirt for each match.
Note: Be sure to pack 1 set of volleyball gear in your carry-in luggage in the event that you play a match the day of your arrival.
- 3-4 pair of long pants
- 2-3 pair of shorts
- 7-8 shirts (long and short-sleeved)
- At least 1 long sleeve shirt or coat (many cathedrals in Europe require long sleeves to enter)
- 1 pair of close-toed shoes comfortable for walking or hiking
- 1 outfit for going out (dress or nice shirt)
- Underwear and socks for each day of travel
- Sports bras & bra
Note: Hotels usually have laundry services but they are expensive and often take a full day so we recommend hand-washing clothes as needed. Quick dry sports and travel gear is best.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Hair brush & hair product
- Feminine hygiene products
- Face wash
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Hand sanitizer or handy wipes
- Eye-glasses and/or contacts
- Lip-balm (with SPF)
- Nail clippers & tweezers
- Body lotion
- Bathing suit
- 1 pair of water shoes if you’re going to the rocky beaches of Croatia or the European Global Challenge
- Beach Towel
- Seal Line Electronic Case(You’re going to want a dry case for your phone.)
- Rain Jacket or umbrella
- Rain boots (we will be walking around cities rain or shine in the winter)
- Warm winter coat
Medical Kit (1 per team)
- Prescription medicine (make a note of active ingredients in addition to brand in case of loss)
- Motion sickness remedy (if susceptible to sea sickness and plan to travel by ferry or boat)
- Pain relievers
- Diarrhea remedy
- Hydration tablets
- Allergy medicine & EpipPen if serious food allergies
- Standard first-aid-kit with bandages
- Sleeping aid for travel
- Laptop only if you have to stay caught up with work or school
- Cell phone
- Camera if you’re using something other than your phone
- Power cords and chargers for all your electronics
- European Power Adapters (This 6-pak is ideal for teams)If you’re coming from the US or Canada you NEED a plug adapter.
Not necessary but fun to have!
Disclaimer: We acknowledge Bring It USA Live has an affiliate relationship with Amazon, however you will not pay extra when purchasing through our direct site links. When specific brands of products are recommended, we assure that they are owned, used and tested by us in Europe.